Tracy's Tasty Tips & Treats

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Welcome to My Paleo Diet Journey!


My Paleo Diet Journey

What is the Paleo Diet?
The Paleolithic diet consists mainly of fish, grass-fed pasture raised meats, eggs, vegetables, fruit, fungi, root, and nuts. It excludes grains, legumes, potatoes and some starchy vegetables, refined salt, refined sugar, and processed oils. It is commonly know as the "caveman" diet. Imagine what I caveman could eat and follow that.

Why do Paleo??
It is a great diet for those with any inflammatory gut issues (stomach, small intestine and large intestine).  It is also a great diet for those that are O Blood type. Journey with me on transforming my diet to help ease my gut issues. Comment and ask questions on this blog to really help all of us create the food choices that feed us, not hurt us! Try out these recipes for something new or try full Paleo to see if it works for you.

What this blog will offer??
I will post recipes that I have tried and how they made me feel. Write in a journal to see how you feel if that helps, but it is key to be aware of feelings. Side effects to look for: bloating, guilt, depression, lethargy, energy, happiness, and contentment. These can help to uncover what is going on in your body. The best way to follow any diet is the 75% Rule...
With any diet and lifestyle I use the 75% rule introduced to me by Candice Kumai
75% Rule
75% food should be fresh vegetables
Eat until you are 75% full
Follow diet 75% of the time

Look out for my first recipe!!
Opt in to get every post sent to your inbox!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment